Some of you future brides out there may think planning a Disney Wedding would be complicated or difficult if you’re not close by. You may also think it would cost a fortune or be booked out years in advance. Well, none of that is true.
As much of a Disney fanatic as I am I did not think it would be possible to get married in Disney World for some of the reasons mentioned above. Thankfully, I was wrong about all my assumptions and my dreams came true – I had a magical fairytale wedding weekend in May 2016 and you can too!
Just engaged and interested in a Disney Wedding?
Inquire by phone or online at www.disneyweddings.com and set up a site visit. During this initial meeting a Fairytale Weddings Consultant will explain the whole planning process, show you potential venues, and allow you to submit date and venue requests.
To schedule weddings, the Wedding Consultants team sit together each week and review submitted requests for the year ahead. They do their best to give everyone their first choices though that is not always possible. Being flexible with your submission of dates, times, and even venues will be a major help. Then, you’ll get the call! Your date, time, and wedding venue just a year away. Time to pop the champagne and begin your Pinterest boards!
You’ve got your date, now what?
At this point you have a few months to really dream up what you want your wedding to be like and dig in to options and costs in preparation for your full-day Planning Session. This occurs on-site and can include a cake & menu tasting if you request it. Here you’ll cover décor, flowers, transportation, day-of timeline, added events such as a Farewell Brunch, Rehearsal Dinner, or Welcome Party and more.
Additionally, once your date is assigned you will get assigned your Wedding Planner. I have to say, this is a humongous perk. Their Wedding Planners are amazing and will ensure you aren’t forgetting any details. You don’t need to worry about the days leading up to the wedding or anything on the day of. An entire team is assigned to ensure the day goes smoothly and you do nothing but look beautiful and have a great time.
So now, let’s attack some of those Disney Wedding myths…
Disney Weddings: Myths Busted
- You do not need to constantly visit Disney to plan your wedding. (Though wouldn’t that be a good excuse!) In fact, just twice is all you need. The initial site visit and your Planning Session within 6 months of your big day. Both of these can be completed over the phone, but it’s much better to attend in person.
- Disney Fairytale Weddings only books out one year in advance. No matter who you are, you cannot secure a date farther than that!
- Worried about vendors? Disney makes things easy for you. They can be a one stop shop and provide floral, décor, DJ, photo, video, food, beverage, transportation and entertainment. You don’t have to contract anyone on your own if you don’t want to.
- Don’t want to wait a year? That’s fine. You can ask to fit in between what is already scheduled, but you may not have as much availability.
- It’s not much more expensive than any other wedding venue. Of course, it can be with certain enhancements, but there are so many options and they are extremely willing to work within and meet your budget. Yes, there is a minimum expenditure but it’s not extreme.
- Having a destination wedding is a pain for guests. Maybe so, but everyone loves a good vacation… and so many people love Disney. Or they are simply curious about attending a Disney Wedding. Your favorite people will come no matter where it is. We had over two-thirds of our guests travel to ours!
Go For It!
Disney prides itself on customer service and creating a magical experience for guests and the Fairytale Weddings team is no different. You are guaranteed a beautiful, tasteful wedding experience, top notch food & beverage, organized planning… stress-free if you let it be, plus many magical memories.
If you have ever even thought of having your wedding in Disney, you at least have to inquire and talk to a member of their team before you cross it off your potentials list. Coming from this Disney Bride, it is absolutely worth it!